Business Systems Technology
Instructor: Wildred Vidrine, BS, MA, EDS
The Business Systems Technology program is designed to develop the skills, knowledge, and attitudes that office professionals need to secure good jobs and succeed in today’s computerized offices as well as the more traditional office environments.
High-tech equipment and recent curriculum revision provide an opportunity for students to learn the latest in office technology using appropriate computer software packages. In addition to learning computer skills, students become proficient in filing, electronic calculators, and principles of accounting. Students learn to communicate effectively through the mastery of correct grammar, spelling, and letter writing. Training is provided not only provided in the general administrative and accounting areas, but also in the specific areas of medical and legal office work. Internships may be integrated into the program that provide experiences both on and off campus in answering telephones, greeting visitors, and handling routine office duties in a realistic environment.
This program is a self-paced course. Each student is given individual instruction. A certificate or diploma is awarded at the exit point showing the highest level of completion.
TYPICAL SUBJECTS TAKEN
• Word Processing
• Desktop Publishing
• Web Design
• Ten-Key/Data Entry
• Office Procedures
• Business Communications
• Medical Office Procedures
• Medical Coding and Insurance
• Customer Service Technology
• General Office Assistant - 432 hours/Certificate
• Software Applications Specialist - 864 hours/Certificate
• Administrative Assistant with Accounting Emphasis - 1296 hours / Diploma
• Administrative Assistant with Customer Service Technology Emphasis - 1296 hours / Diploma
• Medical Administrative Assistant with Transcription Emphasis - 1296 hours / Diploma
• Medical Administrative Assistant with Insurance and Coding Emphasis - 1296 hours / Diploma
Highest Award: Diploma
Program Length: 12 months
The Tennessee Technology Center at McMinnville does not offer a student loan program.
80% of graduates from this program, who began their studies in 2011-12, completed it within 12 months.